The manufacturer used a multi-cell virtual test to validate assortment and cube change models and increase confidence for execution. Their overall objectives were:
- Delineate impacts of cube and price changes to improve planning at the account team level.
- Assess base price change impact.
- Test and validate assortment optimization.
- Provide data-driven insights for sell-in support for account teams to improve execution.
- The assortment change lifted sales for the manufacturer.
- The additional size assortment benefited the category as a whole versus the additional flavor assortment.
- Cube changes improved shopability of the aisle.