Business Objective: A client sought to test three different display concepts provided by their agency for their Back-to-School campaign. The client wanted to learn whether or not the complex display concept—assumed to be the most effective—was the right investment.
Business Functions Impacted:
The client planned to order 25,000 displays for the Back to School Program. Historically, timelines and budget have prevented the testing of major promotional events. But with Indicators, the client was able to take the three levels of execution design provided by their creative agencies and test their impact with shoppers before placing the order.
To determine which display would be optimal each concept's sales impact, likeability and brand equity were tested by running ShopperMX™ Indicators.
A movie was also created to demonstrate the winning concept to distribute to field teams and accelerate activation and drive compliance.
Contrary to the initial hypothesis, the Indicator report found the simple execution performed best. By investing in the simple instead of the complex design, the client saved $40 per display for total savings of $1,000,000.
The client quickly executed the winning concept in stores using video materials for sales teams, maximizing speed to market and quickly capturing topline growth from the display investment.
Top Ways to
Win at Retail
- Maximize Your Investment in Promotional Marketing
- Improving Performance of a Field Sales Organization
- Identify Optimal Shelf Arrangement
- Overcome Buyer Objections And Implement Best-In-Class POG Strategy
- Investing in a Category Shopping Experience
- New Product Distribution Success
- Shelf Arrangement Sales Strategy
- Reducing Costs Associated with Mock Centers