Business Objective: Category analytics planned to test 3 shelving strategies; ribboning, vertical blocks and horizontal blocks to identify the optimal shelf arrangement.
Business Functions Impacted:
The three different shelving strategies were used in varying degrees across retail partners. Our client wanted to identify which was the best POG for their brands and move to implement this best practice across all retail partners.
The client created each arrangement in ShopperMX™ and then tested them with a Shelf Indicator.
The client ran a generic store Shelf Indicator to capture results relevant for all accounts and then subsequent Indicators to validate results specific to key retail partners.
The Indicator revealed surprisingly significant results, that horizontal blocks delivered a 14% lift over other strategies.
Establishing horizontal blocks as best practice was $40m growth potential for the brand
The $15K spend on an Indicator plus an additional $10K for customized retailer results delivered an ROI of 800:1.
Top Ways to
Win at Retail
- Maximize Your Investment in Promotional Marketing
- Improving Performance of a Field Sales Organization
- Identify Optimal Shelf Arrangement
- Overcome Buyer Objections And Implement Best-In-Class POG Strategy
- Investing in a Category Shopping Experience
- New Product Distribution Success
- Shelf Arrangement Sales Strategy
- Reducing Costs Associated with Mock Centers
Watch ShopperMX™ In Action
Recent Press Coverage
- 110+ Startups Disrupting Brick-And-Mortar Retail
- Walgreens' Beverage Category Reset Leverages VR
- InContext Solutions Affirms Commitment to Retail Innovation with Implementation of Microsoft Azure
- How mixed reality can help the brick-and-mortar keep up with Amazon
- The Complicated Technology Behind Seamless Checkout